For me, 2016 was shrouded under a cloud of confusion, marked with hesitation, and haunted by flashbacks to the darkest time of my life. And yet…
– In May of 2016, my beautiful, sweet, darling niece made her appearance. I know I am just her auntie, but I had no idea how much I needed this little girl in my life. Her smile is enough to make one forget about a difficult day, snuggling with her is the best, and she is just absolutely precious.
– Also in May, just after my niece arrived, I reached my twenty-sixth birthday. Every birthday to which I attain, nay every single day, minute, second, is a testimony of God’s grace, goodness, and protection in my life.
– In July, I was blessed to man a booth at our state Homeschool Convention. It was a blast, as usual, and I loved seeing my friends, reconnecting with previous book buyers, and meeting new people. The booth, too, was a success!
– Also in July, our dear friends in Colorado came for a visit. We had a lovely week reconnecting, laughing, playing games, and enjoying life together.
– In August, the LORD showed me His ability to provide and brought to a head, that His directions are there to be obeyed. I stopped transcribing, and He brought me to two families, who I now nanny for, much to my enjoyment and delight.
These are the events that stand out the most. That and the Christmas season, which was a combination of haunting memories and rediscovering the absolute joy of celebrating the birth of my Savior.
Now, the new year is not only upon me, but already turning on its wheels. The LORD is good. He is faithful. He is majestic, sovereign, and beyond my comprehension amazing. Yes, I still have fears that try to assail me, regarding the coming months. Things that, for the most part, I have absolutely no control over. Yet, the LORD has provided and taken care of me thus far and He won’t change that. 2017 is no foe; it’s a tool in the hand of the Creator, to be used for my greater good, no matter the events that come to pass.
I pray that this year is a year of growth, faith, trust and excitement – excitement in the adventure that is awaiting me. Because, isn’t that what life is? It will be difficult at times, there may be seasons when the sky is so dark, that I don’t know what to do or think, but there will also be days, when the rain is pouring and revealing rainbows, and the sun is shining in a bright blue sky. There will be days of battle, where I’ll be weary and ready for the end to come, but there will also be days of rest, when the path is easy and bright. What kind of adventure would it be, if everything stayed the same?
Welcome, 2017. I’ve got my armor and my God is in control of every detail, so I welcome you. I am ready as a handmaiden of the LORD and a warrioress of my King.
To the KING be all the glory!